Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review: Death of a Salesman and Book of the Week: 1/29-2/4

Hello.

I have two things to talk about today.

1. My book for this week is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

2. I am going to review my book from last week the play Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller. I give the play an A. The play tells about the events that lead up to the death of the main character, Willy Loman. Much like last weeks book this play is aptly titled as the book truly is not about his life but just about the events that lead to his death. The most interesting piece of the play is the disorganized Alzheimer's like dream sequences that are crucial to the story.  All said and done this tells only a few stories. However it is this stories that are crucial parts of  the idea of the book. In total the play tells a great story using the amazing characters it has but can tend to be confusing during the dream sequences. Overall though the play is great and I would highly recommend it.                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment