Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week # 6 Book and Review of The Kite Runner

Hey. I am late again but here is my review of the Kite Runner as well as what my book for this week is.

This weeks book is Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein which is interesting so far. I am reading the uncut edition of this book.


Now for the Kite Runner. This book is without a doubt an A+ book. This is a book that I read based on suggestions. A few different people suggested this book when I told them I had never read it. It is a remarkable book and if you have not read it yet I highly recommend it. The plot follows Amir from the time he was a young child in Afghanistan well through his adulthood. It can be broken down into three parts. Part 1 tells his time in Afghanistan with his best friend Hassan. It is during this part that one incident happens that is the cause of Amir's mindset and actions for the rest of the book. Part 2 is about Amir's life in the US after him and his father flee from Russian control. Part 3 rounds out the book with the tale of Amir going to Pakistan to see an old friend who is dying and his request of Amir. The book is fantastic with an amazing story and characters. There is not much I can say without ruining it. I hate spoiling books which is why a lot of my reviews are short and to the point. This book is a true tale of friendship, determination, and so much more.

That's all I can really say. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment